Monday, October 10, 2016

Day 24 - Breathing

Shelly had a relapse of sniffles this morning so I headed in alone to give Milo some skin-to-skin. He has begun having periodic problems breathing which sounds dire especially when we are there telling him to remember to breathe and the nurses put as his goal for the day "keep breathing". However, this is not as bad as it sounds and is a normal process for preemie babies as their lungs develop. We hope he will grow out of these spells soon and in the mean time the nurses monitor him and give him physical stimulation when he forgets to breathe to help remind him.

Happy Cradle Hold


Cute little hand
His position while I was trying to give him skin-to-skin was making the problem worse however so we switched and I held him in cradle hold. Although I was sad to not be giving him skin-to-skin, I loved getting to see his little face while holding him and having the chance to play with his little hand (he has the cutest fingers).

Later that night, Savannah and Gus came over, they brought us some games and crafts to keep us entertained in the hotel. After Savannah and Gus left, Shelly tried her hand for the first time a embroidery.

Beautiful Souvenir

No comments:

Post a Comment