 |
| The good kind of chubby |
Time for another update and a lot of cute photos. Milo is getting so big. We had a doctor's appointment yesterday and he weighed 9lbs 14oz! Exactly 7lbs more than when he was born. The doctor said he is doing so well we can let him sleep 4-5 hours between feeds if we want and our next check up will be in a month instead of weekly slash every two weeks. I was very excited when I got the news about his feedings being okayed to be extended an hour because I often set my alarm and wake us both up for feedings. Too bad he had gas last night and woke up every three hours in discomfort and than realized he was hungry. Maybe tonight he will go a couple five hour stretches and let me get some good chunks of sleep.
I am glad we get another month before his next check up. For our last two doctor's appointments, his doctor wanted to check his anemia and scheduled a blood draw right after our appointment (and I believe we'll have another one next time). He is showing signs of improvement and his last results were really good. Unfortunately, the blood draw was a little rough. I think because he was "3 months old" they were no longer supposed to do a heal prick and tried to take the blood from his arm instead (perhaps not knowing that his adjusted age was only 2 weeks). He yelled the whole time they held his arm straight, more at the arm being held tightly than the need prick we suspect, and they ended up not hitting the vein right anyway. After that we requested the heal prick and he took it much better, a small whimper when they poked him and then relaxed and actually fell asleep while they squeezed the blood out.
 |
| Waiting to get his blood drawn |
Oliver, Noah, and Megan were feeling a little sick the other day (after finding out a cousin they had visited was recovering from the stomach flu), so Shelly, Milo and I skipped town to stay at my mom's place in the hopes that we could dodge the illness. I knew it was a long shot though as I had spent a lot of time with Oliver, including sharing food with him the night before.
In the end, Oliver seems to have caught a cold not a flu? Perhaps he got it at his kid group and not from his cousin after all. I ended up getting a sore throat that lasted several days and no other symptoms and Shelly and Milo still seem to be doing well. I am hoping my sore throat will go away soon with no worse repercussions. We did manage to get nicely settled in at my mom's house and there are even some benefits to being here over being at home. 1. Mom is happy to hold Milo whenever we want to have a meal together or do anything giving us a free hand more often than we have at home. 2. The bedroom is way bigger making it easier to do sleeping and feeding in the same room. 3. The travel bed we are using is the exact same height as our bed and the side of it goes all the way down, unlike the heavy duty crib we have at home, making it much easier for me to snuggle Milo back to sleep in the middle of the night without waking either of us up too much.
Milo is growing so much! Today he managed to take a full feed's worth of food directly from the source which he has not ever managed to do without a nipple shield. He continued to show signs that he was hungry after eating 80mls from the breast so I fed him another 70mls from the bottle and we ended up with the biggest spit up event we've seen to date. It is great he got so much at the breast and a good sign that we can no longer completely trust his feeding cues. He had the same reaction after his next breastfeeding session except we purposefully limited him to his allotted amount of food, he stayed up another 3 hours giving us hunger cues and refusing to sleep until I finally (and for the third or fourth time), let him comfort nurse on me until he fell asleep. He is sleeping now and I am thankful that I have the doctor's okay to let him go five hours between feeds because otherwise I would need to wake him up right about now to eat. Instead, I'll see if he wakes up on his own in an hour or two. It seems he is losing his tolerance to loud noises while he sleeps just from being away from Noah and Oliver for a couple of days, already he fusses and wiggles at noises and just now he opened his eye from a dead sleep just to Shelly staring at him (we have no idea how he sensed it).
Ok, that's all the updates for now. Here are the promised pictures.
 |
| Milo in his going out hoody |
 |
| Nona enjoying snuggle time |
 |
| Christmas outfit |
 |
| Afternoon snuggles/nap |
 |
| Milo comforting himself with his own arm |
 |
| We got a picture of Noah to compare to that old photo of Milo.... |
 |
| Old photo for comparison |
*Need a new version of him in this seat but it started to sag too much and he doesn't like it anymore so we got a new one. I still may get that photo though, just for fun.
 |
| Noah enjoying the lovesac after a nap |
 |
| Echo's "reward" for refusing to get off the nursing chair |
 |
| Rocky's "reward" for refusing to get off the changing station |
Cousin Time Photo Series (I couldn't pick a favorite)
 |
| Happy Boy |
 |
| Milo's New Best Friend |
 |
| Cozy Caterpillar (his foot escaped) |
*Photos in reverse chronological order
Thank you SO much for sharing your son and your lives with us! I'm thinking about those two-baby photos; when Milo and his cousin(?) get older, they'll love looking at them!
ReplyDelete