Ok, I hate to admit it but I have officially accepted that I will not be sending out Thank You cards for all the wonderful gifts and support we've received from Milo. If you did support us in that way, please know that we really truly appreciate your thoughtfulness - all the baby presents we got were perfect and are being put to good use. Thank you a million times. I feel bad for not making time to send out individual thank yous but I hope you will understand why I never managed (here's a picture of the reason).
 |
| A picture of why I never got around to sending out Thank You cards |
My brother officially got offered a job as an actuary, a long-term goal of his that he has been diligently working towards. He was offered the job last week and they would like him to start as soon as possible. This shift will leave his current job open and after almost everyone in our family suggesting it (and after an in-depth conversation with Shelly) I decided to apply. Yesterday, I had an interview with the CEO of Discover With Doctor Cool, a company that sells earth science kits for kids, and he offered me Daniel's job on the spot.
Today was my first day training with Daniel. I will have him for another week while the office is closed for the holidays and we train at home and then a couple more days after the office reopens. He has promised to stay available for questions though and by living with him, I make his vast stores of experience easily accessible if I need it. I will be taking over everything related to Amazon for the company which is a huge spread of duties. We spent six hours today looking over the portals and support programs I'll need and we barely scratched the surface.
Milo is doing great. I hate to have to leave him every day to accommodate a 40-hour work week, I had hoped to have more time at home with him before that happened. Financially, we would have been fine for another couple months however, this seemed like too good of a job opportunity to put off as it would not be there available for me if I waited. Today was Shelly's first day alone with him and it went fine. She wasn't able to put him down while he slept though meaning that she couldn't do much more the bare basics of feeding him and pumping. I missed him so much when I got home.
We did a lovely Christmas photo shoot the other day and the pictures turned out so good!









Here are various other random photos I have taken since the last blog.
 |
| Milo's outfit matched the bed |
 |
| Milo sleeping in his bed |
Milo almost fits hit big overalls and they make him look so cute and chubby.



 |
| Cute sleep shirt we got in Portland |
 |
| Milo enjoying our giant bean bag chair |
 |
| Grandma Cat holding Milo for the first time (they've all done it now) |
 |
| Morning snuggles |
Love the pics. Please keep 'em coming.
ReplyDelete